Paul was given clear direction and purpose and did his job faithfully and powerfully. He endured much suffering because he trusted God completely and had a strong purpose and mission.
The lesson I see is that when we are fulfilling God's purpose for our lives there is nothing else we need. All suffering pales in comparison to the joy, fulfillment and blessings we receive by trusting and obeying God.
Application : We have all been given the same purpose as Paul - to take the Word and Truth of God to a hurting world. To love God and love people. To be disciples and to make disciples. That is the general purpose which we should be working on all the time. Then there are some specific things that God gives us as individuals.
My prayer is that I can trust God like Paul did, to be consumed with God's purpose for my life instead of my own. And in the face of any burdens, hardship or suffering, to not be discouraged but strengthened.
Having trouble editing today ... this is this week's assignment!!!
ReplyDeleteOh! I only did Eph. 3:1-7. I'll do the rest next time.
ReplyDeletePartakers of His Promise! I love it! We are called " Fellow Heirs, Members, Sharers, and Partakers of His Promise."
I belong!
Ephesians 3
New International Version (NIV)
God’s Marvelous Plan for the Gentiles
3 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—
2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.